Steelframe Home Builders
A HAWAII HOMEBUILDER THAT BUILDS TRUST
STEEL IS STRONG AND DURABLE
- Over 50% of the steels made today didn’t exist 10 years ago. Improvements in galvanizing and coating steel have resulted in stronger, thinner, easier to shape and corrosion-resistant products. These changes have encouraged home owners to frame in steel for longer lasting dwellings.
- The longest steel bridge in the world, the Akashi-Kaikyo bridge in Japan, is almost 4000 meters long? The bridge uses 193,000 tons of steel in the towers, cables and trusses.
STEEL IS AFFORDABLE
- Steel’s desirable properties, and its relatively low cost, make it the main structural metal in engineering and building projects, accounting for about 90% of all metal used each year.
- You can actually save a lot more than you expect with steel building construction as compared to building construction of any other material.
STEEL IS RECYCLABLE AND ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
- Americans throw away enough iron and steel to continuously supply the nation’s automakers.
- 64% of all steel products are recycled – that’s more than glass, paper, plastic and aluminum, combined. Almost 70 million tons of steel were recycled in the U.S. alone in 2003.
- Steel recycling saves the energy equivalent of electrical power for about one-fifth of US households (or about 18 million homes) for one year.
- 6All steel framing contains a minimum of 25% recycled steel.
- Steel is 100% recyclable, offering an environmentally sound framing alternative now and for the future.
- Debris from a typical wood-framed house takes up to 50 cubic feet of landfill waste. A steel-framed house accounts for a little more than one cubic foot of landfill waste.
- Nationwide, 10% of all multifamily residential structures built use steel studs for framing interior walls. The state of Hawaii now builds over 70 percent of new houses in steel.
- Steel from six recycled cars can frame a typical 2000-square-foot home that would otherwise require the wood from 40 to 50 trees (almost an acre’s worth).
Steelframe Home Builders specializes in designing and building single family residential homes. We use a team approach throughout the development and construction process to maximize the value of your family’s investment, with you, the homeowner, leading the way.
Comprised of general contractors, architects, bankers, realtors, developers, engineers, surveyors and homeowners, the team starts with a tried and true formula called “The Recipe.” As the lead “chef” for the team, you specify the ingredients, including priority list and budget, and co-direct team players to prepare and construct your home.
Team members will do as much or as little as you’ve called for in your custom Recipe. During the construction phase you determine your involvement whether it’s working alongside the team fabricating trusses, shopping for ingredients or vacationing while we build as if it were our own. Following “The Recipe” will guarantee you’ll be satisfied with your home.
Our greatest compliment is a business partner who has grown into a trusted friend and asks us to build for them again.